Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Restarting 3... 2... 1... GO!

Hello all!
I know I took quite a break there. Let me explain. Style is something that has always been synonymous with happiness for me. If I didn't look good, I didn't feel good. With my personal style, I felt like I always had to level up, that I was never good enough, and that went for how I viewed myself too. Improving personal style became a distraction and a quick fix for some bigger problems. So I took a break. I honestly didn't have the energy to keep up anymore. There was one thing I wanted to change about myself that I knew I could definitely do. And that was to become more open and honest.

I've been dealing with problems that a lot of others are familiar with, those being depression and anxiety. I have social anxiety disorder, and I hadn't really realized the extent of the problem or that there was a problem in the past. I mean, everyone gets nervous, right? Well, I got to the point where I wouldn't leave the house or answer the phone. So I spent time dealing with that, forcing myself to open up to those closest to me. And each step gets a little easier. Sure there're set backs still, but the leaps and bounds I feel that I've made have been exhilarating. Style isn't a crutch for me anymore. Gyaru isn't a mask to hide behind. It's something I can enjoy for what it is. If I don't want to get dressed up, I still feel like myself and no longer feel like a horrible monster. I feel like I've finally become beautifully, elegantly human.

Part of my personal "openness" campaign is writing this. There is a human here, typing this, and I wanted that substance to be a part of this blog. Gyaru style also isn't the only thing I have an interest in, and while I don't want to turn this blog into a journal about the minutiae of life, I do want to include other things I love. Maybe you'll find something you love too in it? This will still be mainly a STYLE blog. The fashion major in me is too much of a raging fangirl to have it any other way. I want to open that up to include my style that doesn't necessarily fall into a specific category. In addition to gyaru, I also love gothic & classic lolita, gothic, punk, and historical styles. Also leopard print. Anything leopard print. I want to have more reviews as well since I love a good review.

I hope you're excited for future content because I sure am. I'm going to play a little catch-up with some things from this past year. Thanks for reading, and seriously, I hope you have an amazing day, night, week, and holiday!

Love,
Aija

6 comments:

  1. Hey you are back! :) Welcome! <3
    Looking forward to your posts! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting back into blogging and see what everyone has been up to!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your honesty <3
    glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!
    Wow sure a huge step you have taken, I hope the best for you!
    Look forward to read your future posts (*´ ∀ ` *)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to sharing!

      Delete